Sunday, July 25, 2010

The world seen through my camera

















Dear Beings of Light,

I’ll let the pictures do more talking than the words, a mini caption will give you all that you need. Pictures are posted from the bottom up. Feel free to check out the links I sprinkled in.

1) A bike ride through Tanglewood anyone? My head knows a bike helmet well. http://www.bso.org/bso/index.jsp?id=bcat5240070

2) I was arbitrarily given “The New Jersey Devil;” all the bikes have great names though. Anything feisty has good energy attached.

3) At Jacob’s Pillow posing in a true dorky Candice way. I was blown away at the beauty of this place. http://www.jacobspillow.org/

4) Some volunteer friends and I eating our Kripalu dinner to-go on a blanket picnic-style in front of the stage at Jacob’s Pillow. The stage is on the side of the mountain in the middle of the forest where birds chirp and the sun sets on the dancers.

5) No pictures allowed during performances…luckily I am stealth!

6) No one is allowed on the stage either….luckily I am sneaky!

7) Volunteer fire hoopers rocking it out at the ‘Holistic Hoopers’ performance. They took the weekend program… I was envious.

8) Professional fire hula hooper with a flaming whip….yikes! I admit I was a little scared of him. He had a horn headdress on too which contributed to my fear.

9) A visit to The Clark art museum made me feel cultured. I appreciated paintings and tilted my head in various ways to examine different angles of the ‘Picasso looks at Degas’ exhibit. The gallery security looks a lot like the secret service which prevented me from securing a picture of paintings from the exhibit. I was able to get other photos though. http://www.clarkart.edu/exhibitions/picasso-degas/content/exhibition.cfm

10) A nod to “Bob’s Country Kitchen,” still wishing I tried the pie, or spaghetti.

11) Me "journey dancing" like the free spirit I am. I practiced teaching during the training and facilitated a shamanic dance where we shook out our stagnated dreams and built a big house with them. I like wearing a headset microphone, I felt like a fancier more creative Richard Simmons.

12) Everyone "journey dancing" like the free spirits we are. We literally danced all day everyday for 6 days from 9am-9pm with sprinklings of breaks for meals and rest; seriously a workout physically, emotionally and spiritually.

13) I graduated! I received a bindi glittery OM sticker and certificate. I am now a licensed JourneyDance teacher! Wooo-hoooo! www.journeydance.com

14) We had a fire releasing ceremony to burn up negative and self-limited thoughts in the JourneyDance training (we literally burned scraps of paper that had those statements on them) and I felt so powerful that I thought this pose (made up by me and in no way related to yoga) represented how I felt that night… magnetically, energetically unstoppable! What out universe!

15) A dear friend/fellow volunteer and I at the graduation for JourneyDance. People at Kripalu feel the love and share it openly, I gladly reciprocate. There is a beautiful community here and I feel connected to humanity through each person.

Jai Jai
Have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment