Monday, May 31, 2010

Candice's Top 15 Happenings...







Amazing beings of light-
Please enjoy the blog and rankings of this week's top 15.... leading up to the most juicy happening of the week.

15) Bunny rabbits were running around all over the place this week! I was able to spot one so close to me I could see the hair in his ears.

14) I found a tree within a tree. See the picture above. Apparently there are two different types of trees growing together and harmoniously (top half and lower half). Love the symbolism in that!

13) I heard that Kripalu shuts-down for a week after memorial day for maintenance and upkeep so there’s no formal meals; just pizza! While some volunteers are disappointed at the idea of no fresh, organic nutrients; I am secretly cheering and counting down the days.

12) In my last few days in the dish crew I was asked to scrub the grey, bottom strip of the buffet line on my hands and knees for 3 hours two days in a row to prepare for shut-down week and waxing the floors. Guests asked if I got the short stick in the delegation of kitchen duties. One of the paid staff mentioned he’s never seen anyone doing that before. Naturally, I felt special and honored to be selected for what seemed like a rare cleaning opportunity; it must be an omen!

11) I got to eat chocolate cake this week because it was a volunteer’s birthday and his mom shipped him a gourmet fudge cake from Texas.

10) I was busted dancing salsa in the workroom to music that was in the background so now I’m scheduled to teach salsa to the volunteer’s next week on “the flow” (a fancy printed weekly schedule of volunteer-only events)

9) I began reading this great book for an upcoming program I’m taking in June on Native American healing and bodywork. The book is: “Your body speaks your mind,” it’s about the connection between physical ailments, biology, thoughts, and emotions.

8) I linked up to a wonderful spiritual woman and faculty member here who is willing to mentor me. She taught me some standing meditations that I've incorporated into my morning routine that connect me to the earth. She says grounding myself would be really self-supporting since my energy flows vigorously up and out of my crown chakra. I'm like a water fountain in a lake..... lol

7) Speaking of lakes, the lake was closed yesterday due to “bear activity.” The lake is extremely close in distance and only about a mile walk, if that. A mommy bear and 2 cubs were there and I heard she was very protective so they closed it due to that. I am glad my new job will allow me to get off by 4pm so no more walking home from the dish crew in the darkness of night.

6) I discovered a new breakfast option including rice milk, millet cereal, almonds, warm honey and coconut. I never thought it would be good but I got creative this morning and was pleasantly surprised. I skipped right over the hot breakfast usual and went for something new. FYI, the meals rotate every three weeks for the entire summer so I ought to start getting even more creative.

5) I put a fake tattoo on my arm of a falcon. They had them in the volunteer workroom and I thought ‘I hadn’t done this since I was 9.’ Everyone thought it was a piece of dirt on my arm because it was smushy and dark-colored, but I loved it nonetheless.

4) On my last dish duty day I was asked to do “the garbage” (cue scary dooming music). “The garbage” task is the one I loathe the most. It involves hauling huge buckets of left over food down stairs and dumping it into a dark dungeon cave where it sits with other old food. When you pour it in it steams (ick). I was convinced the universe wanted me to experience “all” before my dish duties were over so I didn’t complain or cop out. I instead found 3 great things about “the garbage,” a) You get to use the utility elevator, which is cool, b) You get to unlock big locks and feel like an authority of some kind, and c) You get to throw brown boxes into a large bin like paper airplanes.

3) I manifested SARK! My favorite author ever is here doing a program and I was thinking of her and how I wanted to see her and then bam, she appeared in the salad buffet line right next to me. She remembered me from October and we hugged and chatted for a minute.

2) A few of us walked the labyrinth in the middle of the night for the full moon in silent meditation. We collectively set an intention before and joined hands after. I walked barefoot and saw fireflies…..my first ever firefly experience. Beautiful!

Drum roll…………and the most exciting happening of the week is…..
1) I performed the lawn mower, sprinkler, washing machine and funky chicken at the open mic night. I had 30 people doing it with me too. ;-)


Thanks you friends! Next week is shut-down and the start of my new job so I'm sure it will be an adventure. I hear there will be a bonfire and drumming at night. I will dance and celebrate the spirit of being alive as well as marinate on the gratitude for evolution. The learning continues....
Jai Bhagwan,

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 31, 2010

    Wonderful post! Inspiring as always.

    Sending you lots of love and good vibrations.

    Mark-Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 08, 2010

    You had me laughing at #3!!! Did you look at her and yell, "I don't want to! And you can't make me!" That is what I would have said. Ha!

    Thank you for this lovely journal!!! I can't wait to hear more about your Native American healing class!

    - "Genius" Ellen

    ReplyDelete